Monday, August 1, 2011

A Saturday Hike ! Ugh !


Good Morning Everyone, Marzullo Here! So last week I was sitting having dinner with my girlfriend, and I said lets get our adventure on this weekend! So after a nice breakfast on Saturday morning we hit the road for a short drive over to Hocking Hills State Park in Hocking County, Ohio. It only takes about 2 hours and it is located between Columbus and Athens, Ohio. We took I-71 to 35 which is the Jeffersonville Outlets exit and that basically took us in. It is amazing that this is in Ohio, you feel like your in the mountains. There are over 200 campground areas, we however took part in the hiking on a hot and muggy afternoon. We started out at Old Mans Cave and then made our way around Rose Lake and onto Cedar Falls before coming back to Old Mans Cave. I did not realize how long of a trip it would actually be after 3 1/2 hours though I had second thoughts we should of drove to each location. I was dripping with sweat, seriously it looked like someone had hosed me down. It was worth it though, I especially liked looking at the Devils Bathtub. It looks like a refreshing spot where a waterfall trickles into a pool of water but at several feet deep it can suck you down into the jagged rocks. So do yourself a favor make a day of it or even a weekend if your a camper and head out to Hocking Hills.

No comments:

Post a Comment