Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Habitat for Humanity


I worked Saturday at the habitat house.


Hey everyone. Rob here.

Fox19 has teamed up with Habitat for Humanity to help build a home on Lincoln Avenue in Walnut Hills. This is my third visit to the home. I pulled up the floor during the first visit. During my second visit I pulled the siding off the house. This past Saturday I put up siding. Not only was it tough work, it was important work. The siding will protect the home from weather damage. I wanted to be sure I was doing the work right. This house will belong to Nicole. She's a nurse at Christ Hospital with two sons. I think we did a great job. We finished siding about two-thirds of the home on one side. Katy Morgan was right there with me putting up siding with her fiance Tom. Dan Wells, Corey Stark and Jennifer Grove were all there as well helping Nicole build her house. In fact Nicole is half way to the 500 hours of "sweat equity" needed as a down payment.



It was hard work, but it was a lot of fun. We are hoping to get her in by the holidays. I hope that happens.





No comments:

Post a Comment