Wednesday, December 21, 2011

NBA Is Back!

“DA DA DA DA DA DAAA DA DA, DA DA DA DA DAAA DA DAAA DA DA DAAA DAAA DAAA DA DA...."


Good Tuesday morning, Brad here.
Do you remember that song? I do and it feels good to sing it because the NBA IS BACK!


Don’t get me wrong, I love college ball, so much drama and passion. I’m from Indiana, if there is a game on I’m watching. Sure the NBA guys are a bunch of millionaire ballers that whine too much but there is just something about the NBA that I just can’t abandon like many did during this latest lockout.

Growing up in Indianapolis I went to countless Pacers games each season. The roar of Market Square Arena, Reggie Miller sticking it to the Knicks and even Michael Jordan on a few occasions and who can forget the Indy Car sound effect that drove other teams nuts when it played over the PA system!


The lockout is over, training camp is underway and the season starts on Christmas Day. What a gift! There are five games on television starting with a classic rivalry, The Boston Celtics vs. The New York Knicks. Then a Finals rematch from last year, The Dallas Mavericks and the Miami Heat followed by The Chicago Bulls and Los Angeles Lakers, then The Oklahoma City Thunder take on the Orlando Magic and the night ends in California with the Los Angeles Clippers and The Golden State Warriors. Wow, my DVR will be working overtime.


I also can’t wait to see how my favorite team, The San Antonio Spurs will do. They are old but I feel they have one more good run in them. How can we forget, the last time there was a shortened season because of labor disputes The Spurs won the title beating The Knicks. I’ve been a spurs fan as long as I can remember. Wearing Spurs jerseys as a kid to flying down to San Antonio about once a year to see friends and catch a game!
As they say...I LOVE THIS GAME. Welcome back.

No comments:

Post a Comment