Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Not To Be All Frank Like.....











But this morning I wanted to talk about food. Specifically, eating brunch at Take the Cake in Northside. It is all kinds of awesomeness. Tried to go Saturday morning, but it was closed. I was bummed. It is only open for brunch on Sundays. Went down the street to the Bluejay Restaurant, which was also very good. Ventured back to Northside the very next day, best decision I made all day. That's how much I was craving the food at Take the Cake.







It doesn't have a traditional menu. It is written out on a black chalkboard. It is fluid. Determined by what's fresh and delicious.







I decided to order steak on top of biscuit. There were also black beans, a perfectly poached egg, and guacamole.







I'm not Tom Colicchio from Top Chef, but I thought it was a perfectly composed dish.







One other great thing happened during brunch. A woman (the owner I think) cracked a tart slightly, as she was taking it out o the pan. Looked over at us and said, "I think someone is getting a free dessert." I rarely eat dessert, but I ate this one. It was worth every single calorie. Take the Cake, check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment