Thursday, July 21, 2011

My Brother, The Dare Devil

Good morning, and happy Thursday! Katy here… Have you ever wanted to go skydiving? Personally, I like my feet firmly planted on the ground, but my younger brother has a different idea. He loves to skydive and BASE jump! In fact, he’s currently BASE jumping off of some of the tallest mountains in Switzerland and France. For those that don’t know, BASE jumping stands for Buildings, Antennas, Spans (bridges) and Earth (cliffs). So, he’ll jump off of objects with a packed parachute and then deploy at a certain altitude. Scary for me, but fun for him.
His current trip in Europe involves a group of BASE jumping friends, and pictures seen in this blog shows him in his newest “wingsuit”. (I call him Rocky the Flying Squirrel). It’s designed to add surface area to the body to enable a significant increase in lift. I give him a lot of credit for doing what he does. I admit, it makes me nervous watching his videos, but knowing he loves his extreme sport hobby is pretty cool. And he gets some amazing pictures too… love this one of him jumping off the cliff into a sea of clouds!

No comments:

Post a Comment