Thursday, April 15, 2010

A New Challenge

I have decided to train for the Cincinnati Triathlon, but there's a major obstacle in my way. I can't swim.
Big problem, I know. Hey it's Rob.
After 10 marathons, I decided to change things up a bit. The triathlon happens the last weekend in July. I've decided to tackle the olympic distance which is a 1350M swim, 40K bike and a 10K run. The swim isn't too long but when you can't swim its pretty daunting.



A swim coach has signed on to help me. I've tried this before and after 2 lessons I became frustrated and gave up. It also shocked me just how bad I swam. This time at least that shock isn't there. I was also complete honest with Craig, my new coach. I said, "If you can teach a rock to swim, then you have a chance with me." Maybe its a mental thing or a timing thing. I can tread water, swim on my back or side, but the freestyle freaks me out. I can't see, I can't breathe and ultimately can't swim.


My lessons start next week. I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment