Friday, April 30, 2010

Not Only in Vegas


I never thought my first Cirque Du Soleil show would take place right around the corner from my house. I thought that was something that only happened in Las Vegas or Orlando.

Sara Celi, here.

I was wrong.

Last night, my good friend Katie Scheidt and I had the pleasure of being in the audience for Cirque Du Soleil's "Alegria" opening night show at the Bank of Kentucky Center. Not only was this my first Cirque show, it was also the first time I had ever been in that new venue.

If you've never had a chance to go to one of the shows, it's hard to describe. There's not really a plot. There's more of a focus on acrobatics, amazing costumes, dancing, and gymnastics. In between the acts, clowns entertain the audience. It's truly an experience.

We were lucky enough to have tickets on the floor level, with seats on the second row. That also made the show so amazing, and I really had a chance to appreciate the amazing venue that is the Bank of Kentucky Center. I really could tell the designers of that event space clearly thought thought acoustics, layout, and performance areas.

"Alegria" is playing for seven more performances at the Bank of Kentucky Center. If you can, check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment