Good Friday Morning! Dan Wells writing, I hope this note finds you well and in good spirits. I'm writing today about a fantastic Easter trip with my family to "The City by the Bay."
San Francisco is considered the most European city on the West Coast, and "boy oh boy" does this city have a lot to offer! Besides a wonderful Easter visit with our family in the area, I thought I'd share some of the fun from my vacation.
It is never a trip to San Francisco unless we go into the city, ride a trolley car down to Fisherman's Wharf and wander around for a while.
If you don't know, San Francisco is a beautiful city that's deep in culture and charm. Besides being a perfect romantic getaway, there's also enough in San Francisco to satisfy your whole family!
Here are my suggestions if you're on your way to Bay Area anytime soon!
1. Take the ferry into Sausalito (about 15 minutes from the city) and have lunch on the water and walk around the shops. You will be staring at San Francisco from the other side of the bay and the ferry ride over gives you awesome panoramic views.
(Google - Sausalito, it looks like you are in Europe, with all of these unbelievable homes built into the cliffs.)
2. Pack-a-lunch and go to Alamo Square and have lunch and play in the park in front of the 7 "painted ladies"
3. Fisherman's Wharf - is a huge tourist spot, but there are tons for you and your kids to see and do! Plus they will see the sea lions :)
4. Go to the top of Coit Tower (there is an elevator) and take in the views of the Bay area
5. Make sure you get on a cable car! Take it from Union Square (Powell and Market St) down to the very last stop (Fisherman's Wharf area) and make sure to get the famous Irish coffee at Buena Vista cafe.
6. My favorite, the Marina District and Palace of Fine Arts. It is gorgeous and it speaks for its self.
Finally, this is an amazing city, whatever you do you will have a great time, and if you don't get a chance to go I hope you enjoyed a peak into my vacation.
Have a great weekend