Friday, April 22, 2011

Jeni's Ice Cream


Honey butter cake ice cream. How delicious does that sound?


Hi everyone. Rob here.


This past Saturday I decided to spend a quiet night at home, after a busy week at work.


Maybe dial up a movie or catch up on some DVR homework.





I called and ordered a Naked Pizza in Hyde Park. More on that place at a later date, but it does feature pizza that's only 41 calories per slice. Drove over to Whole Foods with every intention of getting something healthy. That is until I walked by the frozen food section. There it was like a beacon drawing me closer. I have heard a lot of Jeni's ice cream, but thought it was only available in Columbus. I have seen a story about the ice cream and its creator Jeni Britton Bauer. She comes up with some crazy, but beguiling flavor combinations. The one everyone talks about is salty caramel. Jeni describes this flavor as notes of burnt sugar which give way to mouth-watering saltiness. A perfect sweet salty balance. There's also brown butter almond brittle, goat cheese with cognac fig sauce. There's even one called queen city cayenne. I settled on HONEY BUTTER CAKE. It was fantastic. I have been raving about it all week. I had half the pint after dinner. The other half for breakfast. I loved it so much, I have banned myself from Whole Foods for a while. I can't eat entire pints of ice cream too often. I'm not strong enough to walk by Jeni's ice cream without buying them. Nor am I strong enough to not eat an entire pint in one sitting. I think tri-staters should be loyal to Graters, but if you're going to cheat Jeni's ice cream is worth it. Find out more http://www.jenisicecreams.com/





No comments:

Post a Comment