Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Fun With My Two Families

Wow, what a weekend!

Hi, it's Sheila, and it was all play with a little work for me this weekend, but it was a whole lot of fun. I started with a day trip to Lexington Saturday to witness the wedding of the son of some dear friends. They got married on the lawn of an old mansion turned event facility, and it was gorgeous.

On Sunday, Ric and I headed out to Campbell County for our first visit to the Alexandria Horse Show and Fair. I hadn't been to a county fair in years, and it was a first for my son, Eric. He got up close and personal with some of the animals, rode the rides, and we ate some tasty fair food. He even got to go inside an emergency command unit stationed there, thanks to Officer Tara of the Alexandria Police Department.





I'm sure you know where I headed next: the riverfront, for the Cincinnati Bell-WEBN fireworks, and Fox 19's Last Blast of Summer special. Most of my Fox 19 family was there, some who started their day at 6:30 that morning. My co-workers behind the scenes went above and beyond to make me and Tricia look good. Last week, Tricia and I got to spend some rare time together, getting interviews and footage for the special, and even doing a little shopping for our cool, new matching Fox 19 logo sweaters.

I always have so much fun with Tricia. She's a ball of energy. Guess you have to be when you have 5 kids! We don't get to work or play together very often because of our opposing work schedules, and we always have lots to talk about. I was so pleased to find out that we just as much chemistry on the air as off.

I've only braved the crowds one time before to check out the fireworks, and I have to admit, it sure was nice to watch the big bang from our perch at Newport on the Levee. My favorite part of the show was the Rozzis' interpretation of "Pure Imagination." I still love the 1971 movie, "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory," and the display made me feel like a kid again.

I capped off my weekend, holed up in my daughter Katie's bedroom, painting. My teenager and I painted over the bright lime green and yellow with a more mature blue hue called Reflecting Pool. Even Katie admitted it was a little sad to see her little girl bedroom disappear.

So if I look a little tired today, I hope you understand! But that was a weekend for the record books. Love my two families!

No comments:

Post a Comment