Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Tuckers Restaurant in OTR

I have heard of Tuckers, but never been until recently.
Hey it's Rob. Tuckers is located in the 1600 block of Vine Street. It's just east of Findlay Market. The restaurant has been around since 1946. I decided to give it try this past Saturday after running with a friend who is training me for the Columbus Marathon.


I walked into Tuckers and noticed it's not that big. Then you notice this place is a joint in the best possible way. Nothing fancy. Just great food and friendly service and a flat top grill full of a variety of breakfast items.


I decided to have the pancakes and grits. Our server was friendly and fast. We did have to wait a little for food, but it was worth it. The pancakes are thick, fluffy pillows of carbohydrates. The grits were creamy like polenta, but with attitude. I left there feeling full and satisfied but disappointed. Slightly upset that it took me so long to find a place GQ Magazine said was one of the best diners in the county.
Tuckers is open 9am to 3pm Monday through Saturday and Sundays from 10am to 2pm.









No comments:

Post a Comment