Friday, August 10, 2012

Summer Concerts!!



Happy Friday friends! I know you’re busy, but there are so many ways to enjoy the summer while it lasts! Every summer week you can find concerts, festivals, and warm weather activities to savor the beautiful (if not heavy) Cincy summer 

Summer technically ends on September 21st, but you’ll want to get out before the mercury drops. I needed a cardigan last night! My boyfriend Mike and I went to see one of my favorite bands at Riverbend, 311! I’ve been a huge 311 fan since their debut in 1993, and have now been to six different concerts. However, I’ve only seen 311 in the Philadelphia area. It was such an amazing experience seeing my Omaha boys in a different state, and such a beautiful venue! This marked my first time to Riverbend, and I found there is so much to love. River breezes, lighter crowds, and shorter beer lines all top my list.

But let’s get to the music. What I love so much about 311 is that they play the old good stuff. Why not when you have 10+ albums spanning almost two decades, right? They played the concert regulars, like “Down” and “Come Original,” and some more obscure 311 goodies like “Large in the Margin” and “Champagne.” But hey, even if you don’t know every 311 song, they’re an excellent band to watch. Just ask my wonderful boyfriend, who had to suffer an overzealous girl shouting lyrics in his face.

- Stephanie


No comments:

Post a Comment