Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Tennis Anyone?

The 2012 Western & Southern Open is here and I’m pumped. Brad here, good morning everyone. As a kid, my dad took me to the RCA Tennis Championships in Indianapolis. The courts and grandstands still fill the campus of IUPUI in downtown Indy but the tournament has changed names and moved to Atlanta. Anyway…I never played, but loved to watch the game. I grew up cheering and trash talking for my all time favorite Pete Sampras. My dad was a big Jimmy Connors fan, so I liked him too. As I grew older, so did my favorites, so it was time to find a new one.



The last ten years or so I found myself cheering for Roger Federer. I really like Novak Djokovic too. NOT NADAL! I attended the 2010 W&S Open and saw Federer dominate, it was awesome. I missed out on last year’s W&S Open so this time I’m taking full advantage.



Monday was really the first full day of matches, and while the big names didn’t play, it was a great experience. I got to watch Gold Medalist Andy Murray practice and then sign autographs for fans, check out the pic!

We saw aging star Nikolay Davydenko win his opener, plus a Dutch meltdown by Robin Haase during his straight set loss. I was also able to watch up and comer Julia Gorges. This lady will be a superstar!



The big names will take to the court today and tomorrow, so I’m glad I’m going back. I will be courtside for the men’s and women’s finals. Here’s hoping my boy Federer will be there too!





No comments:

Post a Comment