Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Holidays on the Square




Walked across Fountain Square on Saturday on my way to TJ Maxx and the square was packed.
Hey everyone. Rob here.
I love seeing people enjoying downtown, that what I saw over the weekend.

The water wasn't flowing at the Tyler Davidson Fountain but the Genius of Water still welcomed tri-state residents.



To me the square is like Cincinnati's family room. Where people gather, celebrate, connect and now watch T.V. The ice rink was packed. You see parents who no doubt skated downtown as kids, making similar memories with their kids. Its affordable. $3 for admission and another $3 for skate rental.



When you get hungry, I suggest Tom + Chee. I had their tasty grilled cheese sandwich last year. You can also buy hot chocolate (delicious) there. I also hear the tomato soup is fantastic. The owners have set up a facebook page. Find out more http://www.facebook.com/4TomAndChee They also have a new location on Court Street.



In addition to Tom + Chee there are a ton of restaurants around the square. Via Vite(great pizza) and Palomino's which has a new menu. I'm trying to drop a few pounds before I start to really train for the flying pig, so I always get the tuna crudo. Its one of the best appetizers out there.

So this holiday season, support downtown and stop by Fountain Square. We can connect as a city.

No comments:

Post a Comment