Friday, December 24, 2010

So Close...it's Christmas Eve


So Close...it's Christmas Eve

Happy Friday...Dan Wells writing, I hope this note finds you well and in good spirits!

The Nutcracker.

One of my families favorite Christmas traditions. I went with my family in Pennsylvania when I was little (I think my mom made me...but anyway), this year was my first year to start the tradition of taking our little one.

Even more exciting was the fact that I was asked to read the opening story, 'Twas the Night Before Christmas' and my daughter was invited to sit on my lap while I read.

For some reason, I thought my daughter would eat it up and have no issues sitting on stage with other little boys and girls that were in the play. However I forgot one minor detail: the curtain would open and there would be 2,700 hundred pairs of eyes staring at her.
Enter her exit.

Actually, she didn't even make it that far. My wife and I took her up on stage as they were preparing everything for the show, we practiced sitting in the chair, and then she said, as politely as she always does, "I am ready to go home now, thank you."
My wife tried her best to convince my daughter that she would be fine...(a mom's gotta try!)...but she's not dumb.
So, away she went back to our seats, and enjoyed the entire show from start to finish. And although she wasn't up there reading with me, she was the perfect audience and I couldn't be more proud of her...and who knows, maybe we'll be invited back next year and she'll be a year older and a tad braver!
Happy Holidays!
Dan

1 comment:

  1. sooo sweet Dan. Next year you'll have TWO little girls in tow.

    ReplyDelete