Thursday, December 2, 2010

It's The Holiday Season

Are you ready to deck the halls? Frank Marzullo here...With yesterdays snow flurries and cold air I got into the mood. First off the tree is now up and decorated and the house smells like pine! I bought my first ever fake Christmas Tree this week and it was already pre-lit so that saved sometime. However, I do like the real tree feel and smell, so I bought some of those scented pine cones and a wreath to hang in my house. But, while I did that yesterday I had some comfort food cooking in the crockpot. I made for the first time chicken and dumplings and I have to say it was pretty good. I took 4 chicken breasts and sprinkled them with salt, pepper, and paprika. Then I placed them in the crock with 2 cans of cream of chicken soup and a chopped up onion. I covered it with water and then slow cooked it for 5 hours. Then pull apart two cans of biscuit dough and roll it into little balls and put them in the crockpot for another 40 minutes and sprinkle with paprika. Serve over rice and enjoy....sooooo warm and comforting!

No comments:

Post a Comment