Monday, August 2, 2010

Stormy / Chilly: Let's Go Boating!

Never invite a weatherman to a outdoor event or outing, because it will rain. Hi everyone Frank Marzullo here. So for the most part every weekend this summer has been hazy, hot, and humid. This weekend was perfect with low humidity, but if you lived up north in northern Butler, Warren, and Clinton counties you had some rain to deal with on Saturday afternoon. For myself and a group of friends we decided to hit the open natural waters of Ceaser Creek State Park up near Wilmington, for a afternoon of boating. However, with low clouds and a constant threat of rain, it was chilly on the open waters as we hit our tops speeds. It was not to bad at first because we basically had the lake to ourselves, so the two boats tied up next to each other, and we tried enjoying the sunless afternoon in one of the coves of the lake. All was fine until, we heard a rumble of thunder and then some cloud to cloud lighting. They didn't need a highly trained meteorologist like myself, to tell them to head back into shore. So we quickly gathered up our supplies and throttled up, as the thunder and lighting became more visible. Then it happened, the sky opened up and it started raining like cats and dogs.
Have you ever been on a boat in the middle of a monsoon at a high rate of speed? I do not recommend it, it stung like a swarm of bees. By the time we made our way back to the boat ramp, staying dry was a loss cause, I and all of us were drenched. So our day on the lake was cut short, and for the first time in life I pumped gas with no shirt on. Yeah, I didn't have a change of clothes and I need gas in my car, so if you saw me at the gas station at the Ceaser Creek exit I apologize for lack of shirt but mine was soaked. Lesson learned never take a weatherman on a boat!

No comments:

Post a Comment