Thursday, January 27, 2011

The King's Speech

Katy Morgan Here...This past Tuesday we were streaming the Oscar nominations live on Fox19, and I realized that I haven’t seen most of the movies up for best picture. Before the nominations came out I’d only seen two, Inception and Toy Story 3. Both very good. So, my fiancĂ© Tom and I made a pact to go see as many movies as we can before the Oscars on February 27th. First one down, The Kings Speech. We went this past Tuesday afternoon, after Frank Marzullo suggested we all go see it. I heard a lot of good things about the movie, and it was one I had wanted to see for awhile, so I was excited to go see it. I can safely say now It’s one of the best movies I’ve seen in the theatre in a long time. I’m ready to buy the movie and soundtrack. It brought my favorite things together, history and music. Colin Firth was excellent in the role of King George VI. I’m really pulling for him to win best actor, although I guess I should see the other movies first before commenting. All I have to say is that the other actors have a hill to climb to beat Firth’s role in my opinion. Guess I know what I’ll be doing this weekend, watching movies! Up next… True Grit, The Kids Are Alright , and The Fighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment