Friday, July 29, 2011

Simple Smoothie

Simple Smoothie

Good Friday morning, Dan Wells writing I hope this note finds you well and in good spirits!

With summer here, I haven't felt like eating much HOT food but I always love a good smoothie. Here's how I usually make mine. It couldn't be any easier!!

I thought I'd share with you my simple smoothie recipe. It is quick and easy to assemble, tastes great, fills me up, contains multiple fruit servings and protein!!!!

Here's the trick for me! I always keep a few bags of frozen fruit in my freezer. I also always keep a tub of Dannon (all natural) plain yogurt on hand. Those are the only two ingredients for this smoothie!

No juice, no milk, no fillers. . . Au natural.

For today's smoothie I used frozen raspberries, blueberries and strawberries. That gave me 3 servings of fruit! I always slightly defrost the fruit in the microwave before adding to the smoothie. This helps the blender to more easily combine the ingredients.

Order of assembly does count for smoothie success!

I also added one cup of the yogurt. You can add a sweetener of your choice if needed! Then you sit back and sip your smoothie. (around 220 calories and 13g. protein)

I drank this one for a mid-afternoon snack but I have also had one of these when I needed a "turn it around" meal.

I defrost the fruit in the same cup I drink the smoothie out of. (fewer dishes = easier clean up)

Let me know! Have a great weekend!
Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment