Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Greek Yogurt



Greek yogurt is a great way to clean up your diet.


Hey everyone. Rob here.


Its been just over a month since the Columbus marathon and I took most of that time off. Time off running, working out and eating well. Now it's time to pay for nearly 4 weeks of fun and get back on course. I start with Greek yogurt. It is how I start most of my days. It's higher in protein. It typically has double the protein compared to standard yogurt. The brand I eat has 17 grams of protein and only 130 calories. Its also relatively low in carbohydrates. Greek yogurt averages 9 grams of carbohydrates.
The one I buy at Kroger has 8 grams.
It's healthy, but also tasty. I don't feel like I'm sacrificing. Regular yogurt is strained twice. Greek yogurt is strained 3 times, so it's thicker and creamier. Give it a try. Either today or may be after the holidays.


No comments:

Post a Comment