Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I Found A New Place To Shop!



Hard to believe it's at the library!

Sheila here, and Saturday I headed downtown with Katie to help her complete an assignment for English class. She and her classmates had to get library cards for the Hamilton County Public Library. On our way out, I noticed the Friends of the Library Shop, and we stopped in to get a birthday card for a friend. There was a big selection, and I picked a cute one with a Mark Twain quote about getting older.

Then I couldn't help looking around at the books. The Friends shop has a ton of used library books, and I ended up getting a couple of novels by Maeve Binchy and Nora Roberts. They were hard cover copies, and you could hardly tell they'd been read! The best part was the price! I only spent eight dollars on both of them!

The shop also has children's books and toys, stationary, games, puzzles, and DVD's with a historical look at birth years. Might be a fun birthday present for someone. I can't wait to go back! The Friends shop is having a holiday open house the Sunday after Thanksgiving from 1:30 to 4:30. Here's a link, and if you mention their ad, you'll get a 25% discount. http://friends.cincinnatilibrary.org/shop.html

If you're looking for a bigger selection of books or DVD's, you might want to check out the Friends of the Library sale in Blue Ash Friday and Saturday or the ongoing warehouse sale in Hartwell. Here's a link for more information: http://friends.cincinnatilibrary.org/booksales.html


No comments:

Post a Comment