Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Hello Again!!

Last week Tennent’s Lager made its return to the American bar. More specifically at Nicholson’s right here in Cincinnati. Rob even tapped the first keg. I remember this great beer, but it had been years since I had one. So, after my return to Cincinnati (after seeing Rob’s favorite band, DMB), we went to the pub.



It was delicious. As great as I remember.




Tennent’s Lager is Scotland’s best selling pale lager. First brewed in 1885 and won the highest award at the Chicago World’s Fair in 1893. It really is a well balanced lager, sweet, but malty flavors with the right combination of tangy hops.



Sipping on this Scottish brew at Nicholson’s I was reminded of one of my favorite bars back home, MacNiven’s Scottish Restaurant & Bar. That’s the last place I had a Tennent’s Lager before it disappeared. Let me tell you, nothing goes better with a cold Scottish brew than a fresh, scratch made Scottish Egg. If you are not familiar it’s a hard-boiled egg wrapped in pork sausage, rolled in bread crumbs and deep fried! YUM. At MacNiven’s they serve it with a house made spicy red pepper aioli. In Indianapolis, MacNiven’s is the only restaurant that makes Scotch Eggs and now that I know Nicholson’s makes them, the taste test is on.



Check out the menus and great selections at these two great Scottish Pubs.



Cheers



http://macnivens.com/



http://nicholsonspub.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment