Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Action Movie Excitement



Here’s a great way to beat the heat, head inside the super cold movie theater for a summer blockbuster.
Brad here, and I can’t help but be stoked for all the movies I need to see this summer.

First off, I’m slacking! I have not seen Avengers yet, but I will see it this week. It killed the first two weeks at the box office and everyone says great things, so I’m sure it will excellent.

The big action movie I am really looking forward to is G.I. JOE 2: Retaliation. This movie will be AWESOME. For me, the G.I. JOE movies beat out all the Marvel and DC movies. Hang on, hang on, don’t boo me just yet. As a kid I never read comic books, I had G.I. JOES. All my birthday parties had G.J. JOE themes and I had every action figure, boat, plane, car, motorcycle, base, fort, headquarters….you name it I had it, thanks to my mom. I think my mom had just as much fun as I did. She saved all the bio cards on the back of the package and kept them. They had character history, skills and general info about each JOE. Super cool, but I digress. On to the movie.

In the second G.I. JOE film, the JOES are not only fighting their mortal enemy Cobra, they are forced to fight the government of the United States that was taken over by the Zartan and the Cobra Commander at the end of the first movie. Zartan is disguised as the President of the United States and attacks the JOE’S. While he thinks he exterminates the elite fighting force, he’s wrong! A small outnumbered group of JOE’S must retaliate and take back the country. The film features new comer Dwayne Johnson who plays Roadblock(classic G.I. JOE) and Bruce Willis who plays the original and retired G.I. JOE, General Joe Colton. While some fans may not like that most of the cast did not return, some did, plus director Jon Chu is back.

Like a G.I. JOE geek and mama’s boy, I saw the first one with her and we plan to see the second one too. It's not out 'til next March, but I'm already excited!

YO JOE!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNUBV9trDoA

No comments:

Post a Comment