Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Banh mi


Bahn mi is a sandwich which combines French and Vietnamese cuisine.

Hey everyone. Rob here. It is one of my favorite sandwiches, and now I have a new option to get them. Pho Lang Thang is a relatively new restaurant at Finlay Market. It serves all kinds of Vietnamese food, but I've only ordered the bahn mi. The sandwich is a product of French colonialism in Indochina. It combines French ingredients like baguettes, pate and mayonnaise with native Vietnamese ingredients like cilantro, hot peppers, fish sauce and pickled carrots. I usually order it without the pate though. The sandwich is made of some type of grilled marinated meat (I get pork) or tofu. Ton top of that there's a huge helping of crunchy cucumber, carrots and daikon (Japanese white radish). It is delicious. Try it the next time you're at Findlay market

No comments:

Post a Comment