Friday, March 11, 2011

7 days. Pulled over 2 separate times.

Good Friday Morning!

Dan Wells writing. I hope this note finds you well and in good spirits.

To say that I'm glad this week is over is an understatement!

7 days. Pulled over 2 separate times AND FOLLOWED TWICE...What? Is it karma, am I a target (because I drive to work at 2:30am) or is it just another way the state is looking to take more money out of our pockets?

My gut tells me it's probably a mix of all of the above.

I will not deny that I have a bit of a lead-foot. I do, however, know the difference between speeding illegally and going a few miles per hour over for good reason. Going 75mph in a 65mph zone is fair game for a understandable ticket. Getting pulled over at 5:15 a.m. (going to a liveshot in a FOX 19 car) for going 6mph over in a 35mph zone is where my mind begins to wonder.

Yup, I received a $145 dollar fine for that one and now I have to go to traffic school.

Six days later I pull out of my driveway, drive through my neighborhood (speed limit of 25), at 2:30am and I find myself following a member of law enforcement. The police vehicle suddenly pulls off on a side street, lets me pass, and then proceeds to follow me. I maintain my speed around 25mph, fully stop at the stop sign, use my turn signal to indicate my turn. Not a second later, I see the blue blinking lights in my rear view mirror.

You have GOT to be kidding me. It is 2:30 in the morning. As I already knew, I had done nothing wrong.

I was told I was pulled over because my headlight MAY have been out? Really, I doubt that...I think my stop was really just to check if I was drinking...now don't get me wrong, I appreciate getting DUI drivers off the road, but this was in my mind entrapment, plain and simple.

Anyway, after NO ticket, and being told I did NOTHING wrong, I politely thanked the officer and continue to work.

It all makes me think, wow these cops must really be bored, the state needs money or there is a method to this law enforcement - stalking madness, at this point I'm just not sure what it is.

Hopefully my hard lessons learned will serve as helpful warning to all of you!

Happy weekend
Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment