Tuesday, March 8, 2011

American Idol





I have never really been that much into American Idol.
There.. I said it. Rob here.
Don't get me wrong. I would DVR the finale or watch highlights during the Fox19 Morning News the next day. However, this season it is different. I have watched every episode even the auditions. I never watch the auditions. If I wanted to watch someone sing badly, I could just sing in the mirror. What's different this year? I don't know. Maybe it's the new judges. Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler are great additions. Maybe it's their tone. It seems like the judges this year really care about the process and the importance of having a "viable" Idol winner this year. I really think it is about the singing. All of this year's finalists can really sing. I may not like all their styles, but think they can all sing. Last Thursday, I actually went to an American Idol viewing party. That's first. A co-worker who had to be there asked me to go. I was off the next day, so said yes. I thought it was going to be in a bar or restaurant. It was actually at Morris Home Furnishings in Springdale. Um, OK? Needless to say, I was a little apprehensive. I was actually a lot of fun. We watched on a huge screen in the store. They had recliners all set up. Totally comfortable. Totally fun. I also met a lot of people who are fans of the Fox19 Morning News along with Idol. So that was cool. More than 26 million people tuned into last Thursday's results show. That's up nearly 30 percent from a year ago. So I am not alone. More Idol this week. BTW want to give my girl Shyra a shout out. I met her last night. She is more into idol than me. She actually called me her American Idol.

No comments:

Post a Comment