Monday, March 7, 2011

Then And Now

Good Morning Everyone Frank Marzullo Here...It is hard to belive it has been 11 years since my college years. Attending Ohio University in Athens, Ohio laid the ground work for my career in television news. The lessons I learned and the lessons I continue to learn about our trade can be attributed to my education and experience at Ohio U. We were thrown into it having to produce a 30 min newscast five nights a week. While yes we were given time to make mistakes and learn it taught us real world news experience so we would have a base to start our career. This past weekend I went back for the Radio Television News Director Associaton conference, where current journalism students attend a all day workshop hosted by current television news professionals. The students attended sessions to get advice from news directors, reporters, producers, and meteorologists. While it was great to give advice and listen to the students, it was also awesome to relive memories. Here is a photograph of my old college buddy and friend, Jason and I on the school Newswatch set. Jason is also a meteorologist at the ABC station in Cleveland. The other picture is of us from 1999, that full head of hair and skinny guy that you see the back of is me. That same person enjoys what he does now however he is a litte bigger and has a little less hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment