Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Heart Mini-Marathon



Thousands will converge on downtown Cincinnati and crowd Columbia Parkway for the 34th annual Heart Mini-Marathon. I hope to be among them.


Hi everyone. Rob here.


I actually committed to running it this morning. I mean the course is pretty boring and surprisingly hilly. You go out on Columbia Parkway turn around a Delta and head back. Not much to look at really. It really all depended on the weather. I checked out Fox19.com, and the weather looks beautiful. A few clouds in the morning and a high of 64.


This race does hold a soft spot for me. It was my first race in Cincinnati. I guess it was 12 years ago. I did the 5K with a friend and decided I like to run. The next year we decided to do the 15K. At that time I couldn't imagine running for that long, but we did it. After the race, we decided on Fountain Square that a marathon would be next. 10 marathons later, I'm still running. I think the Heart Mini-Marathon is a great way to get started, and this year organizers added a half marathon. It benefits the American Heart Association. It doesn't matter if you run, jog or walk. Just get moving and enjoy the company of the huge crowd expected downtown on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment