Friday, October 14, 2011

Are there times you wished you had your camera ready?

Good Morning Crew - Dan Wells writing. I hope this note finds you well and in good spirits!


Are there times you wished you had your camera ready to capture your kid's amazed reaction to something you barely noticed anymore? And if your children are teenagers, do you miss those days of wonderment? Sigh.


Well, thanks to camera phones and technology...parents, loved ones and caregivers are capturing "LIFE" in its most raw and beautiful form.


With all of that said this is my "MUST SEE VIDEO" of the year.


It's the weekend story of 4 year old Ella and 2 year old Kyra, these two sisters, from Erie, PA (my hometown) are actually the daughters of a high school friend. The video takes its viewers through a simple weekend of family fun. It makes me smile and think about the times my own kids delighted over stuff I'd seen or experienced a million times.


I like to think of this video as "through the eyes of babes" moments. Like when a lake tickles a toddlers toes. Or when my kids made s'mores and their marshmallows caught fire.


In Ella and Kyra's weekend, riding a tri-cycle, going down a slide and doing a summersault is about the best thing since slice bread.
I love the simplicity of life through their eyes and the reactions these two girls have to things that I forgot were some of the simplest pleasures in life.


So when you're having a bad day or just want to refocus on what's important in life, I hope this is your go-to video.

For Ella and Kyra meanwhile, stay just as you are as you grow. You make this world a little better.


God Bless - Have a great weekend!


Dan Wells

No comments:

Post a Comment