Monday, October 10, 2011

Not Ides, But Contagion

Frank Here: All the talk this weekend here in Cincinnati was about Ides of March, and yes I saw it. It was good I liked it but the ending not so much so that left a bad taste in my mouth about the movie. I will leave it at that and will talk about the second movie I saw this weekend. Before I started to write my blog this morning I wiped down my keyboard with Lysol wipes, coated my hands in hand sanitizer, and I put on rubber gloves. Yep, I must keep all the germs away, and you would to if you saw the movie Contagion. We have seen movies about disease and outbreak before but this is the first one I have seen that really seems as if it could happen. It has a all star cast of Matt Damon, Gwyneth Paltrow, Lawrence Fishburn, Jude Law, and Kate Winslet. The production is simple and is almost like watching a documentary. The part of the movie that really hit home about how germs and a outbreak of disease could spread, is the way the movie is shot. You will see the infected person drink out of a cup, then the camera zooms into the waiter who will grab the cup, thus spreading the germs. The infected person will open a door then the camera zooms into the door knob as guy and his family touches that same door, spreading the disease. The movie shows how quickly something can spread and once a vaccine is created it takes months to test it before being able to distribute it. In fact in 26 days 2.5 billion people were killed by the disease. So if your very aware of germs this movie may scare ya, however if you are not this movie may make you more aware. I enjoyed it, however it is a bit nerve racking when watching this and then you hear people in the theater start coughing. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment