Monday, October 3, 2011

Time For Fall Fun

Good Morning Everyone, How was the weekend? Yes it was chilly but that Sunday sunshine was nice and we have more of it over the next 7-days which will be perfect to head out and grab that pumpkin for carving and some fall fun. Over the weekend I had a chance to visit a few fall traditions here in the Tri-State including the Niederman Family Farm in Liberty Twp. near West Chester. This is more than just a pumpkin patch its more like a fall amusement park. My favorite thing about Niederman is the HUGE corn maze. This years maze is 17 acres and from the air it honors September 11th. The maze is made to look like the two towers and then the maze for the little kids is made to look like the Pentagon. In addition to the corn maze the 210 acre farm also includes a hayride that allows guests to go pick there pumpkin out of the patch. They also have a area with some favorite farm animals and many bomb fire pits for hours of family fun. Children of all ages will not be disappointed. Then on Sunday it was time to start to decorate for the season. We headed out to Newtown and the Burger Farm and Garden Center. They by far have the largest corn stalks I have ever seen, and I was told they are a good 4 feet taller this year than last years crop. In fact they were so large I had to tie them to the top of the car. When you add a hay bail to my truck and 4 large pumpkins, I felt as if I was driving a tractor. Do yourself a favor and check it out, plus they have a pumpkin patch for the kids and hay maze fun. Tis The Season For Fall My Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment