Thursday, November 10, 2011

Mini - Moon


This cooler weather has me thinking about warmer days in sunny Key West. That’s where Tom and I went for a few days after the wedding… I called it our “Mini-Moon”. But, I thought I’d share a few pictures from our adventure! We’ve always wanted to travel to Key West, and now we know why so many people love it! It was beautiful! (Not to mention… warm and sunny in the 80s!). We decided to hop on a ferry boat one day and head out to Ft. Jefferson on the island of Dry Tortuga. We’re both fans of history, and Ft. Jefferson delivered! It’s an old Civil War prison where the union held war prisoners. We enjoyed walking around then spending time on the beach lying in the sun! We also visited the Hemingway house, where I got to see all of the 6-toed cats. I think that was one of the highlights of the trip. But I think our favorite activity was the sunset wine cruise we took around Key West. Sailing around sipping wine during sunset was definitely a great way to end the trip! Oh, and I also tried escargot for the first time. Needless to say, I did not like it very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment