Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Are You Ready ?

Good morning, Katy here…The countdown continues… 10 days until Christmas! Are you ready? Surprisingly, I am almost ready for it this year. I’ve got decorations up, presents wrapped… but there is one last thing that I have to do before Christmas Day. I have to go see The Nutcracker! For me, The Nutcracker has always been a part of my childhood. I took ballet for several years, and too me, the Nutcracker is a yearly staple! I remember when I was in elementary school my mom treated me to the Pacific Northwest Ballets performance of the Nutcracker in Seattle. And for two years, I got to live one of my childhood dreams and perform in our island company’s version. My first year I got to play two parts (which I thought was a pretty big deal). I had a solo dance in the first act as one of the dolls Uncle Droselmeyer gave to Clara. In act two, I got to be one of the Chinese dancers in the Land of the Sweets. Then a couple years later, I got to dance with a group of girls in the Waltz of the Flowers. For me, it was a great experience, and to this day I credit ballet as one of the reasons why I’m so comfortable in front of the camera.

As for this year’s Nutcracker, I’ve got my tickets for opening night this Thursday for The New Nutcracker at the Aronoff Center! I’m already humming the tunes in my head…
For information about getting tickets to The Nutcracker, here’s the link: http://www.cballet.org/performances/nutcracker

No comments:

Post a Comment