Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Rise!




Planet of the Apes that is.




Good morning everyone. Rob here.




Rise! Planet of the Apes comes out on DVD a week from today.




I could not be more excited. I have been urging everyone to see this movie. It would also make a great gift. I plan to buy it, and I own very few DVDs. This one however is worth having.




It's surprising I liked this movie so much. Not a big James Franco fan. Didn't really like the "Planet of the Apes" movie starring Charlton Heston, or the remake with Mark Wahlberg. I went to the movie with very low expectations. Urged to see it by a very enthusiastic Brad Underwood. Not to sound like a nerd, but it was awesome. It is about a super smart chimpanzee named Caesar. His mother was given a drug which gave her a human level of intelligence. James Franco's character, a scientist, cared for Caesar like a child. I don't want to give too much away here. However things happen, and Caesar leads a revolution. By the end of the movie, you are rooting for the apes. Also, by the end of the movie I wanted to be Caesar. Is the weird? It may seem so. However once you watch the movie, it will make total sense.




No comments:

Post a Comment