Monday, December 19, 2011

Windy City Christmas

Good Morning, Marzullo Here. Do you like last min road trips? I always do, unfortunately very rarely do I do them unless I do a little planning at least. I am a big time planner! On Saturday morning my girlfriend and I decided let's take a road trip to Chicago. The drive only took us 4 1/2 hours so it was well worth it. We had all of our Christmas shopping finished and nothing to do Saturday night so we left at 7am on Saturday morning and was able to get into Chicago by noon or 11am on our time. ( The time change makes these trips a lot easier ) It was the perfect time to head up as the Windy City made the spirit of the Christmas Season come alive. We stopped by Millennium Park and watched the thousands of ice skaters who come to the city every season. One of our favorites was seeing the Christmas Display Windows at Macy's which is the old Marshall Fields Department store. We spent the night at the Conrad which I highly recommend it is connected to the North Bridge Shops and Nordstrom right on Michigan Avenue, perfect location. After a lot of walking we were very hungry, here are a few restaurant recommendations I like if your heading up to the windy city. For some great Italian food we tried Piccolo Sogno, I tried the Italian pork and the lentil and sausage soup so good. My girlfriend loved her lobster and shrimp ravioli. This is off of Grand Avenue near my other favorite Italian joint La Scarola, which has the best veal I have ever head. We then woke up early Sunday morning and walked the city one more time before hitting the road. I am officially in the Christmas mood now and hope to make this a yearly tradition. Have A Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment