Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Holiday Eve’s in Cincinnati and Nashville











Good Tuesday morning and happy holidays to you. Does it get any better than the Nutcracker and Here Come The Mummies?
Brad here and thinking about one great show from Christmas Eve and an upcoming show that I know will be great on New Year’s Eve.

Christmas Eve started at the Aronoff. I attended the final performance of the new Nutcracker with the Dan Wells and his family. His girls, Alley and Kate were dressed in matching blue dresses. So cute. This was my first time inside the Aronoff and the first time ever seeing the Nutcracker. Really a great experience! Before the play we got a backstage tour. All the costumes, sets, it was really cool. The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra was incredible. I know this was the “new” Nutcracker but I didn’t have anything to compare it to. Some changes/additions were obvious to those in attendance, but overall the crowd seemed to enjoy it. Great job to everyone involved!

Onto this weekend, New Years Eve. I’m hitting the road to see one of my favorite bands in a city I’ve never been to, Nashville, TN. Here Come The Mummies, remember them? I blogged about them earlier this year when they played at Bogart’s. These Funky Mummies are incredible musicians. While I’m excited to see another show, I might be just as excited if not more to be in Nashville. I haven’t heard anyone say anything bad about this town and the music scene. I’m not crazy about country music but I am looking forward to walking around and listening to everything the city offers.

No comments:

Post a Comment