Friday, October 8, 2010

All About Comfort Food !

Dan Wells writing. I hope this note finds you well and in good spirits. It's Friday, fall is in the air and food is on my mind this morning. I think it has to do with a segment we had on the FOX 19 Morning XTRA....on Tuesday that delt with bean soup. Yup, BEAN SOUP...what a comfort food (at least for me). My mom used to make it during the fall and winters sports seasons way back in high school in my mind nothing is better. So that begs the question what are comfort foods? Here is what I found, they (comfort foods) are foods that soothe the psyche by reminding us of comforting childhood memories. For most of us, these foods are far from gourmet and generally epitomize home cooking. They invoke feelings of nostalgia, safety, and security.

Here are the top 25 comfort foods I found out there.

Did your favorites make the list?

Top 25 American Comfort Foods
• Apple Pie
• Baked Beans
• Banana Pudding
• Beef Stew
• Brisket Pot Roast
• Chicken & Dumplings
• Chicken Pot Pie
• Chicken Soup
• Chili
• Chocolate Chip Cookies
• Corn on the Cob
• Fried Chicken
• Gelatin
• Green Bean Casserole
• Hot Dogs
• Ice Cream
• Macaroni & Cheese
• Mashed Potatoes
• Meatloaf
• Potato Salad
• Pumpkin Pie
• Shepherd's Pie
• Spaghetti
• Tomato Soup
• Tuna Casserole

Voice your opinion on our message board.....Finally, I hope this quick blog has prompted you to eat well this weekend! Cheers Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment