Friday, October 29, 2010

Tricks and Treats

It’s almost time for one of my favorite holidays, Mongilloween! Hi, it’s Meghan. :) When I was a child, my mom would go all out for this spooky holiday. Each year she decorated the house, made our costumes and would dress up as a witch and chase us around the house yelling, "I’ll get you my pretty."  I must admit I’ve inherited her Halloween enthusiasm. I even hid a fake rat in the shower to scare my sister one morning this week! (it worked)

Since early September, orange and black has dominated my decor. There is a little cobweb craziness and monster mania going on in my Norwood home. If you check out the picture you can see floating monster heads hanging from my chandelier and scary creatures sitting around the dining room. In the vases I arranged sticks that I spray painted black and added fake mice and snakes.

Besides creating tricks around my house I also love making treats. Caramel apples, Reese's Pieces peanut butter cookies, iced cut-out cookies, orange brownies and Oreo eyes are waiting my ghostly guests. If you aren’t a baker, no problem.  The Oreo eyes were super easy. I bought football shaped Oreo’s at the store, dipped them in white chocolate and used icing and an M&M's to complete the look. Yummy!

As for costumes, I actually have two this year.  One night you can just call me Supergirl.  Another night I’m going to dress-up as Medusa, complete with snakes entwined in my hair.  Here's wishing you a safe and Happy Halloween! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment