Monday, February 13, 2012

Are You Crazy?!?!



That's what I wanted to ask the runners who gathered on St. Gregory Street on Mount Adams Saturday afternoon.




Good Monday morning. Hope you had a nice week. Rob here.




I also ran Saturday morning and wanted to ask myself the same question. Are you crazy? Katy Morgan says, it felt like zero, when you factor in the wind chill. Luckily, I have some good cold weather running gear. It was still cold though. A fellow runner had a sweat icicle form on his hat.








I was really proud of myself after finishing that grueling run. Five hours later, another group of runners were getting ready for their run. Not a long one, but I'm sure just as grueling. Why would a one and a half mile run be grueling? Most of them did it in their UNDERWEAR! The run started at 2:00 in the afternoon. So it was warmer than my run but barely. Katy said it felt like 10 degrees outside. What?! It is called Cupid's Undie Run. It was held in six cities: DC, NYC, Atlanta, Seattle, Denver and Cincinnati. It was for a good cause, ending Neurofibramatosis through research. It is a genetic disorder that causes tumors to grow on nerves throughout the body. It can cause blindness, deafness, learning disabilities and severe chronic pain. Currently, there's no cure. However, because of these crazy half dressed runners, researchers are one step closer to find a cure. Find out more http://www.cupidsundierun.com/








No comments:

Post a Comment