Friday, February 3, 2012

Pretzels & Girlfriends

One thing I love about this city is there’s always something to do.


Stephanie here.

One thing I hate is….I never have an excuse to stay in with my cat and watch Bridget Jones’ Diary after a long day at work J
Last weekend my best friend in town, Cassie Wissel, introduced me to Pretzelfest! It’s a fundraiser for Over-the-Rhine’s Bock Fest, which celebrates historic OTR breweries from March 2nd to the 4th. Needless to say, it wasn’t hard to talk me into a night of delicious Moerlein beer, beer cheese, and carb overloading.
Venue 222 hosted the party. Although the building was built in 1868, it’s been restored and glammed-up for OTR nightlife. A few local vendors came out and generously donated their goodies for the festival. I indulged in a delicious Queen City brat in a pretzel bun (yum!), cooked up by the nice folks at Mecklenberg Gardens. I have to say though, there’s nothing simpler or more delicious than a giant Servatii pretzel with hot beer cheese. My mantra for the night was, “diet starts tomorrow!”
Of course, Cincy Beerfest kicks off next Thursday at the Duke Energy Convention Center. Can’t choose between Beerfest and Bockfest? Don’t! There are plenty of brats and beers to go around J

- Stephanie

http://www.cincybeerfest.com/
http://bockfest.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment