Thursday, February 2, 2012

Cherishing The Moment

Last week I was given the privilege of visiting a place that could easily be mistaken for Disney Land.
I’d like to think of it as a little piece of Heaven here on Earth.
Hi…..Tracey Johnson here.

It was all about the children. Every corner of this plot of land in Memphis, Tennessee. I found myself in awe as we entered the campus. Towering buildings on this beautiful setting. As we entered the main building, a peace came over me. Everyone greeted us with such a warm, sincere “thank you for coming.”
As we began our tour, I was flooded with emotions. Mixed emotions. Children’s art brightened the hallways. One room after another, decorated to the hilt from celebrities like Brad Paisley, Amy Grant, Shaun White and the Jonas Brothers. For a moment, I forgot that the sweet giggles I was hearing were from children that are battling cancer and other catastrophic diseases. I was at St. Jude Research Hospital.

Several families I met have made St. Jude their home. Literally. Living a life they never imagined they’d be faced to live. On the other hand, can’t imagine where they’d be in their journey without St. Jude. As a mom, I was truly thanking the Lord for my children’s health. Because of my trip, I have made it my mission to sell 9,000 tickets for the St. Jude Dream Home Giveaway. We are thrilled here at FOX19 to join St. Jude and help those who are and will make St. Jude their home.

Over the next few months, I’ll bring you stories from sweet children that will share life as they know it, living with cancer. The most brave children I’ve ever and will probably ever meet. Children that have learned to cherish the moment!

Will you help? Tickets go on sale April 11th. More details on FOX19.com
Many Blessings…..
Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment