Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A Fine Arts Weekend:





Dancing with the Stars and a night with Chris Botti… that’s what my weekend holds and I can’t wait.
Brad here, good morning Cincinnati. The Weekend is almost here and once again it’s a busy one. Saturday night I will be co-hosting the 5th annual fundraiser for the Cincinnati Ballet Otto M. Budig Academy. Along with Music Director Carmon DeLeone, we will welcome the attendees, families and dancers and take part in all the fun.
I really like the concept of the evening. It will be a great night of fun for the families and dancers involved. It breaks down like this; during the night, the professional dancers of the Cincinnati Ballet teach students of the OMB Academy and their families several dances, including hip-hop, jazz, and ballet. There are several rooms and in each it is a different dance move, so it’s like a carousel of dancing. Pretty cool! There is a raffle and silent auction at the end of the night too.


Sunday night I’m off to the POPS. Chris Botti is playing with the Cincinnati Pops Orchestra. If you aren’t familiar with Botti, he is a world famous jazz trumpeter who has sold out venues all over the globe and collaborated with Sting, Steven Tyler, Yo-Yo Ma, and Josh Groban among others. I’ve seen him twice before this, but never with an orchestra. His style exhibits shades of late 1950’s Miles Davis. Close your eyes and it’s like you’re listening to “Kind of Blue” or “Porgy and Bess.” Botti’s mood setting melodies are flawless.
I first saw Botti when I was in college. He performed with renowned saxophonist genius David Sandborn. I actually went to see Sandborn, but after the show I was hooked.

So here’s to a dancing like a star and a fancy dinner and show!

No comments:

Post a Comment