Tuesday, March 13, 2012

FINALLY!




March Madness baby!!!!!


Brad here wishing you a happy Tuesday from Dayton and I can’t begin to tell you how excited I am for the NCAA tournament to start. Growing up in Indianapolis, Indiana, basketball was a way of life, high school in particular. I would compare it to high school football in Ohio and Texas. Small town’s shut down on game nights and big cities pack their schools gym every Friday night. Add college ball to Hoosier Hysteria, forget about it. Indiana rules the hardwood, just ask John Wooden.
Me, I’m a huge Indiana University and Butler University fan. Finally the Hoosiers are back in a big way. While Tom Crean is no Bobby Knight, he’s bringing back respect, hard work and that grit that made IU great.
I grew up around the corner from historic Hinkle Fieldhouse, where Butler plays and where the movie Hoosiers was filmed. I spent many Saturdays inside watching the Butler Bulldogs. Each year the program got stronger, the DAWGS won more games and eventually started making NCAA appearances. Now, they are nationally known after making it to two straight NCAA finals. This year the DAWGS missed out, nonetheless the tournament is here and it’s time for some super hype games.
My bracket is filled out and now it’s time to sit back with a cold beverage, some wings and enjoy the drama of March Madness with my boys. So, who do you take all the way? I’m not a fan of taking a number one seed to the title game, but in my first draft I found myself putting three of the top seeds in the final four! Yikes. So, I revised. I still have a number one seed winning the National Championship, but at least they aren’t playing another number one seed. In the end, I have North Carolina winning it all over Marquette. I really don’t care for UNC but I feel they have what it takes to cut down the nets in New Orleans in 2012. Sorry Andy, UK just doesn’t have it.

Cheers.

Brad.

P.S. check out my blog next week for an update on the tourney and my bracket.

No comments:

Post a Comment