Thursday, March 22, 2012

Reds, Reds, Reds...


Two weeks and counting!!! Good morning, happy Thursday.. It’s Katy. Boy, am I ready for Reds Opening Day!! I think this weather has all put us in the baseball spirit. Every afternoon I feel like I needed to be at a baseball game! Soon enough, though… it will be here! Tom and I were able to get a sneak peak at the team a couple weeks ago, when we visited Goodyear, AZ! It was wonderful out there! The whole Phoenix area in general is a cool place, and a great place to play some ball! We took a tour of the Reds Player Development Complex, where the team trains during the spring. All I can say is… WOW! Very impressed with the facility, really is top notch. We watched them at late morning batting practice, and training. I think my favorite part was the outdoor training “patio” as I called it. Inside was a shared weight room that both minor league players and major league players use. But right outside was a nice outdoor grassy patio area where the Reds do strength training exercises and stretching. We walked right by Bronson Arroyo doing an arms exercise to loosen up before the game he was starting later in the afternoon. Later, we went to the game, and let me tell you… what a great feeling it was to walk into a ballpark on sunny afternoon after hibernating all winter! Can’t beat it!

While we were in town, we also decided to climb Camelback Mountain. We had heard it’s a well-known mountain for tourists to climb… as it’s situated right in the middle of the greater Phoenix area. The trail warned us that it was a strenuous climb, and boy was it difficult! We weren’t prepared for the hands and feet climbing we’d do, but it was well worth it when we reached the top of the 2000 ft mountain! Beautiful panoramic views of the city! We really had a great time in Phoenix and Goodyear.. we may have to go back some day! But for now… my attention is on the countdown until Opening Day! 14…13…12..

No comments:

Post a Comment