Thursday, March 29, 2012

Too Many Sweets In The House



This time of year our home is full of balloons, cakes and candy. If you're not careful ...you could hurt yourself by tripping over wadded up wrapping paper all over the kitchen.






Hi....Tracey Johnson here. Three of our four children celebrate their birthday within two days of each other.
Yesterday, was a defining moment for me.






I found myself chasing my daughter's birthday gift down the street. Meet Maverick. While he thought we were playing....I clearly was not. I had so much on my "to do list" and chasing Maverick was not one of them. As my patience was dwindling quickly ...it was in the moment that I felt quite guilty. A story I had just finished writing about was still very fresh on my mind and heart.



His name is Kaden. I met him on my recent trip to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee. Kaden has lived there with his mom for the past 2 years. So here I was losing patience with my daughter's birthday puppy....when I quickly realized life could be much different. My new little friend would probably give anything to be chasing a little puppy outside in the sunshine.



Next week FOX19 and LCNB National Bank will begin selling tickets for the St. Jude Dream Home giveaway. 100% of your $100 ticket goes back to the hospital to provide for such a place for these families fighting childhood cancers. You can watch Kaden's story here by clicking on this link http://www.fox19.com/category/229749/cincinnati-st-jude-dream-home-2012-from-fox19-lcnb and learn more about the Dream Home Giveaway and how YOU can make a difference.



Thanks for your time....and ENJOY the SUNSHINE! Tracey

No comments:

Post a Comment