Friday, February 26, 2010

Can We Keep The World From Changing ?

Marzullo Here...
As I drove into the station this morning I had another one of those " I am getting old" moments. You know what I mean? When you think about situations or things, and you say to yourself it's not like it used to be or not as good as it used to be. Before I go on, I want to say whenever a person, group, or organization does something to raise money for charity and those less fortunate they should be applauded and honored.

With that said, do old souls like myself think the new We Are The World song is a awful arrangement? I heard it played on the radio this morning and was thinking, what is this? Yeah I know music and sounds have changed over the years since the original release of the song in 1985, but with a classic song why do artists think they have to re-invent it? Written by Michael Jackson and Lionel Richie the original song brought musicians, singers, and performs from all avenues together to raise money for relief aide for Africa. I just read, as of 2009 the original song has sold more than 20 million copies and raised over $63 million for aid in Africa and the US.

This latest version raises funds for the devastation after the earthquake in Haiti. But why do we have to over synthesise the vocals and throw in shouting vocals. All the artist who took part are talented and successful but why do we think progress in life is throwing out what has worked in the past. This arrangement does not work personally for me, I am not a musician or song writer, but I do know sounds I like and this is not a sound that I like. This is just one lonely weatherman's opinion. What do you think, listen to both arrangements below and decide:



While we are on the topic of the past and things that should not change...Can We Please All Start Drinking Snapple Again!!! I love Snapple and it is sooooo hard to find, I wish it was 1994 !!

Have A Great Weekend Everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment