Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Paul Horton is back on the Fox 19 Morning News!

But only for a guest spot. Hi, it's Sheila.
I have the best job in the world, but there's one thing I have never liked about working in television news. Some of the most wonderful people I've gotten to know have moved on to other cities. Don't get me wrong. I'm thrilled for my friends when they get new jobs which advance their careers and improve their lives. But it's hard to say good-bye.
Paul Horton is one of the greatest people I know. He's a genuinely nice guy, and he truly cares about his co-workers and his viewers.
Some of the best days of my career were spent working along side Paul for several years on the Fox 19 Morning News. If I had a nickel for every time he made me laugh, I'd be a rich woman.
But I am richer in a different way, and I thank Paul for his friendship.
This morning you'll see Paul on Brian Giesenschlag's spring training report from Goodyear, Arizona. Paul is the morning meteorologist for the CBS station in Phoenix. He married his wife Jennifer last fall, and they have a great life out west. But I miss him.
We are still in touch, and I had fun ribbing him about my Ohio State Buckeyes beating his Oregon Ducks in the Rose Bowl (which he watched in person in Pasadena).
Paul is one of those people I hope I always know, because he makes life fun, and he always give me the gift of a good laugh.
Who knows? This might not be the last time you see him catch up with us on the Fox 19 Morning News.

No comments:

Post a Comment