Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Love the Dogs; Keep the Pizza










I hate Chicago style pizza. There I said it. Don't get me wrong. Chicago is one of my favorite cities. I love their hot dogs. My favorite tapas restaurant, Cafe Iberico can be found on LaSalle there. Running on North Lake Shore Drive makes a long run fun. I've even run the Chicago Marathon twice. However, I don't think a knife and fork belong anywhere near a slice of pizza. Also, few things are more unsatisfying as being full after eating just one piece.
I like my pizza thin, and I like to fold it. You can find such a such a slice on Walnut Street downtown Cincinnati in the Mercantile building. It's called Capri Tavola Calda. Owner Nicola Santagata opened the place about two months ago. He's a native of Naples, Italy. He trained for years on how to make the perfect Italian pizza. I had the 4 cheese pizza which was fantastic. The crust perfect. The prices reasonable.
Check it out and let me know what you think. BTW posting this blog entry was much easier than my 4 hour odyssey yesterday. However, I'm still figuring out how to post the pictures in the story rather than all on top.








No comments:

Post a Comment