Friday, February 26, 2010

Chilitown USA

Good morning, Sara here.

I didn't realize that Cincinnati HASN'T been officially named Chilitown USA.

Why is this not so?

When I heard about the effort to name the Queen City such, it seemed like an obvious to me. Cincinnati just equals chili! If you grow up here, like I did, then you probably eat Cincinnati chili like it's going out of style. When I moved away for a few years, I used to beg my mom to send me cases of the stuff in the mail. When I came back, I ate it at least twice a week for a year. In fact, my "chili habit", along with UDF milkshakes, are probably the biggest contributors to my significant weight gain in the first months after I moved back.

So, if Cincinnati gains the distinction or not, it will always be Chilitown USA to me.

I just love the stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment