Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Indy is ready for some football!




The biggest NFL game of the year is just two hours away, in my hometown, but I’m missing it because I fell down some stairs. Good morning, Brad here.
We have been talking about it for over a week now, showing you pictures and videos from Indianapolis as the circle city gets ready to host Super Bowl 46 this Sunday. This past weekend I had planned to head home to check out everything Super Bowl Village had to offer. That didn’t happen. I’m wearing a boot on my right foot because I fell down the stairs, sprained my ankle and tore two ligaments. Idiot.
While sitting at home watching movies and catching up on my DVR I kept getting text messages with photos emails with videos of downtown Indianapolis from friends and family who spent their weekend having fun. If I sound a little bitter, I am.
However, I must give it up to my city! Indy does it right. For about 10 days multiple streets are closed around Lucas Oil Stadium. There are stages set up for concerts, a zip line through downtown, the large roman numerals on the circle and my favorite the Indy Cars. Leading up to Monument Circle sits 33 Indy cars, each with the design of all the NFL teams and one with the logo for Super Bowl 46. Check out the Bengal car!
It’s really the ultimate fan experience and it’s less than 100 miles west on Interstate 74, so I encourage you to check it out before it’s gone. I will get to catch of glimpse of it traveling through Indy this weekend but I do wish I could spend more time than a pass through. As for the game, sorry little Manning, I’m cheering for the PATS!

No comments:

Post a Comment